Thursday, March 13, 2014

Fears Setting In

29 Weeks....

Went to the doctor a few days ago.  We had to re-run a few tests from my hospital stay earlier in the month.  The results weren't what we'd hoped for.

When I was discharged from the hospital, cervical length was 2.2 cm.  This time it was 1.6 cm.  At this rate, they suspect I'll deliver by 34 weeks at the latest.  The fetal fibronectin, was positive again: 40% chance of delivering in 2 weeks.  Doctor doesn't believe I will, based on cervical length, and I trust her more than a test.

Baby is a good size, about 3 Lbs right now.  We couldn't get a good length on him/her, because of the breech positioning.  Poor kid's foot was above it's face!  :(



But she wants me resting as much as possible.  And I want to be resting.  It's hard to sit up in a chair at times; I kinda wish I had a couch or something at my office to lay down on and work.  On the days I work from home, I'm usually on the couch with my laptop.  It's easier to get work done with you're comfortable.  But I'm really not comfortable.  The baby is trying really hard to move, but doesn't seem to be able to.  It's so painful for me, I don't have any clue what he/she must be feeling in there.

I got another "fat"/"Are you sure there's just 1" comment this week... The kid is laying sideways right under my diaphragm... if baby was sitting normally I wouldn't look this big.



Goodness, I've only gained 12 lbs this entire pregnancy, and most of it in the last 2 weeks!  I think the steroid shot has really helped baby grow, and so my appetite is finally growing too.  Still have plenty of food aversions, though...

The kids have been getting a kick out of watching my belly move, and Steve seems to be enjoying talking to my belly, because every time he does, the baby gets excited and starts kicking/squirming.

I feel better knowing we're doing everything in our powers to keep baby healthy - lots of prayer, rest, even reaching out to others for help.  But I can't deny the fact that I'm so scared.  I know that sometimes even full term 40 week babies have health issues and end up in the NICU, but going into all this knowing I'll probably have a few weeks there... As amazing as my hospital is, the NICU is a sad place.


No comments:

Post a Comment