Monday, March 31, 2014

Hospital Visit #3

33 Weeks

Still contracting: All. The. Time.

Today it really started to hurt again.  I did everything that I could, again.  Drink water, empty bladder, walk around, lay on my side.

They're coming every 3 minutes, and they hurt.

After a few hours, we go in to the hospital.  Again.

I've not had any repeat nurses yet, so there's that.  But it seems like my doctor is hardly there...  In fact, the doctor on call for my practice didn't even come in when I was there, leaving me with first year residents...

I get to a room, and woo hoo, I'm dilated!   The resident called it "almost 3," which was a bit of a surprise, but a pleasant one.   But they insisted that since I'm not "to term" they had to stop the labor.  Fine, whatever, good luck with that.  So they gave me the Tributaline shot, and it did NOTHING.  They gave me Procardia, and it did NOTHING.  Still contracting, still in pain.  But no changes, so I was declared to not be in active labor.

They needed the delivery room, so they moved me to special care (again).

Even though they declared me to not be in active labor, I was put on a clear liquid diet.  It's exactly how it sounds: clear liquids.  Water, Sprite, Apple Juice to drink, Jell-o, Broth and Popsicles to eat.   Now, for a woman who has hyperemesis, and couldn't keep down liquids for 6 months, they might as well have starved me.

They were insisting on the Procardia, and even though my doctor told me to not bother with it any more, I took it.  But I warned them, they'd need to let me eat something with it.  They told me no.

They should have listened to me.  I got sick 4 times in a 3 hour span, it was awful.  I actually called my doctor (who was off that day) and asked for help.  The nurse must have gotten a hold of her right away, because I was allowed to eat after that call.

They kept me 2 nights.  Morning #2 one of the doctors that I like (other than mine) was on call.  She checked me and told me that the residents incorrectly called me "3cm"  She said 1+, 60%.  Well that's a big difference...  So she sent me home...

The day I went home was 34 weeks exactly, my last progesterone shot, too.  I'll miss my nurse, but not the shots.


No comments:

Post a Comment