Thursday, March 27, 2014

Baby Showers and Hyperemesis

32 Weeks

Woo Hoo!  I made it to 32 weeks!  Take THAT Dr. S!

I don't know why I'm even bothering with the Procardia at this point, it's not doing a darn thing!  I've found that the Braxton Hicks contractions are not as frequent, but the real ones (yes there is a difference in where the tightening is) are happening every 10 minutes or so.  I know most doctors would say "If you're having them more than 6 times an hour, go to the hospital."  But I know that unless my doctor is there, or maybe one other doctor from the practice, they'd all just send me home right away.  Unless of course my water broke.

So, I go on with my days, with moments of pain every 8-10 minutes.

At this week's check-up, things are progressing, or regressing depending on your point of view.  Thinning again, back to where everything was a month ago before my miraculous thickening.  At this rate, we estimate between 34-35 week delivery.  My son was a 35 week-er, and though I hated the 10 day NICU stay, we survived it just fine.

We had a small baby shower this week, I'm so thankful for my friends.  Anyone who knows me knows that I love to entertain... so this was the perfect excuse!  Especially since I really haven't seen many of my friends throughout the pregnancy, because of how sick I was.

As always, I prepared way to much food, but in my defense, I was expecting more people than were able to come.  I always prepare for the maybe's, just in case.

I loved having everyone over, and then crashed on the couch immediately after everyone left.  I was exhausted.  Then, I got sick.

Joy, hyperemesis is back...

I've not had much of an appetite this week, and too much to drink made me feel "swishy," but I hadn't gotten sick in weeks!  But now it's back.  Maybe it's the changing of hormones to prepare for the birth, but I just feel yucky and don't want to leave my bed, let alone my house.


No comments:

Post a Comment