Monday, March 10, 2014

2 Weeks Later And...

No baby!

28 weeks now.

It's been 2 weeks since my hospital stay (Jan 10-13), where tests showed a 40% chance that I'd have the baby in 2 week.  Guess what, no baby!  Praise God!

Still having some mild contractions, the Procardia does seem to be working, but there have been days when I wish I could take it after 3 hours instead of 4.

I'm glad I was able to work from home a few days this week.  It feels so much better to be stretched out, not just sitting.

It feels like baby is trying to move positions, but can't.  Every night, usually around 3AM, I am woken up with crazy movements and hits, like she/he is trying to move head down, but then give us and stays laying across my belly.  And right under the diaphragm… I mean, really, his/her hiccups are not pleasant.  They contribute to my heartburn and nausea.  As much as I'd like baby to not be breach, it's somewhat relieving, because baby's not in the birthing position.

Speaking of birthing position… someone informed my 8 year old daughter the 2 ways babies come out of mommy's tummies: cut out in surgery or through "private parts."  My husband and I were in shock for a few minutes, then he whispered to me "yea, I might have told her that…"  So much for prolonged innocence…

No comments:

Post a Comment