Monday, March 3, 2014

Baby Wearing…?

"Wearing" your baby seems to be more common than it had been 5, 7, and 8 years ago when my other children were born.

Before, the only option available was the harness things.  Then all of a sudden these wraps were everywhere.

The babies look so comfortable, and so do the moms!  I love the idea of holding my child, yet still have a free hand.  And people have told me that it's really easy to nurse while wearing their babies.

But there seems to be so many options, and you have to get the right "size" for your body.  Then there's the whole learning how to tie these things...

I met a mom a few months ago who had the most awesome looking sling ever - I can't remember what it was called now, but it started with an H, and she said I could find it on Amazon.  But I couldn't!  It was just 1 piece, no tying necessary; just 1 big piece of material folded in half and the baby sat snuggly inside.  I wanted it!  But I can't find it (so if ANYONE knows what this is, please let me know!).

I mean, these slings and wraps are fairly intimidating... And they never show a woman wearing a tiny infant; usually a 6 month old who can sit up.   I want to see someone wearing a newborn baby!  I've seen a couple of YouTube videos on wraps with newborns, but they weren't helpful to me.

So here are a few that I've found:  PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!  I really want to get a baby wrap/sling, but have NO IDEA what works in the real world!  Something that either my husband or I could use, something where I could pick baby up and go, without worrying about adjusting every 10 minutes, something that will help me nurse discretely (with a cover, too, of course), and something that will last!


Mobi Wrap:  This thing looks so intimidating...  I mean, every YouTube demonstration takes like 8 minutes just to tie it before they put their baby in.  I want something where I can pick my baby out of it's carseat and just be on my way...









 Boba Wrap:  This one is fairly similar to the Mobi, and they say its "Ideal" for nursing.  How...?










Lite On Shoulder Wrap:  This one is similar to what I've found like the lady who I met.  And their ads do show younger babies, as well as toddlers (why you'd want to wear a toddler is beyond me...)










Sling Pouch:  Finally, 1 piece.  However, it looks like a new product, and only 2 Amazon reviews... so not too sure if I want to try this one or not.









         Baby K'tan:  Again, another wrap, and you've got to find your "size".  All the reviews I've read said the sizing chart was not true to their bodies; but it was inconsistent.  Some said it ran small, others, big...







Seven Slings:  Looks like it's one piece, which I like.  But also looks like you need to find "your size," and the reviews are pretty poor…









So please, if you are a baby wearing mom, let me know what kind you are using, and how it's working for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment