Thursday, March 20, 2014

Prayer & Progesterone


30 Weeks

A couple days after my hospital stay, I had my regularly scheduled visit with my doctor.  I was pretty honest about how I felt about my care at the hospital, or should I say lack there of.  She was pretty sympathetic.  

I had another ultrasound done to measure everything.  Baby was breech again, which I knew.  It's been quite painful for me.  And that baby is big, around 4LBS.  

The best news of the day was that my cervix was indeed thickening back up.  Last visit, at the rate of thinning, they estimated I would be at 1 cm by this visit, but I was at 2.2!  

Just last week at my nurse's visit for my weekly shot, she asked if these shots were even benefitting me at all… clearly they are.

But most importantly, a lot of prayer.  I know Steve and I, and the kids are praying daily for this baby, and I want to believe that everyone who says "praying for you" means it.  Either way, this visit was an answer to prayer.  

Now if only we could get these pesky contractions to stop.  

No comments:

Post a Comment