Thursday, February 6, 2014

Hiccups and Heartburn

22 Weeks

It seemed like the days would never come when I wouldn't get sick.  But here it is.  I've gone a few days without getting sick, and it feels great.  Now, the catch is, I'm taking 3 Zophran, 4 Diclegis, 2 Phenergans a day, and at least 8 Tums, but I'm not getting sick!  (Unless you found dry-heaving, 'cause I'm still dealing with that a dozen times a day!)

I'm only eating a small breakfast and a small dinner every day, maybe a snack or two during the day.  And only drinking about 30-40oz of juice/Gatorade.  But it's better than nothing.

Despite that, the baby is growing.  My belly is getting quite large, and it's all baby.  Depending on baby's position, I may look bigger or smaller.  Some days he/she is low, so I don't look like I'm showing.  Other days baby is high and I look like I have a basketball under my shirt.

The heartburn with this baby is worse than I'd experienced with the other 3.  Mostly, I'm assuming, because of 20 straight weeks of getting sick daily.  I'd read an article recently suggesting that prolonged use of antacids can cause a vitamin B12 deficiency, but I think that was just related to the zantac and prilosec… oh well, I'll add that to my list of pills to take, just in case.

Baby seems to have had hiccups non-stop the last couple of weeks.  I mean, I know babies sleep 20 out of 24 hours in utero; it feels like every waking moment baby has the hiccups.  It actually hurts!  Especially the days when it's sitting up high, under my diaphragm… ouch.

I suppose feeling the baby's hiccuping is a good thing, I know baby is there and growing.  Everyone says it's normal and a good thing… but really, 2 weeks straight?

No comments:

Post a Comment