Thursday, January 9, 2014

Is A Baby Shower OK For Baby #4?


Going in to this pregnancy, we'd gotten rid of just about everything.

We have some outfits for each of the kids, our favorites, and the ones not ruined by spit-up. 

Any toys we'd gotten rid of because of concerns for the chemicals in the plastic.  

We don't have a crib anymore, and the old baby carseat is long since expired.  

High chair had it's last meal a few years ago...
http://www.toysrus.com/registry/
Registry #: 52002962

So now here we are, expecting another baby.

We've had several friends ask us if we were going to have a baby shower... and several people tell me that if I'm thinking about having one, to not.

So I don't know.... The last baby shower I had was for Samantha, almost 9 years ago.

Anyone who knows me, knows I love to have a party; why not have one for just the baby.  I mean, we still have a few clothes, and I've been slowly stocking up on diapers (very slowly).

I mean, a diaper party isn't too unreasonable, is it?  Or a casserole party?  I mean, I'm having a hard enough time feeding my family with my being so sick, what's it going to be like once the baby's here?  Plenty of people have asked if they could help, and we've accepted, but then it slipped their mind or life happened…

http://www.toysrus.com/registry/
Registry #: 52002962 
Hubby and I had a few evenings to ourselves while the kids were visiting my parents, so we went and did a baby registry.  Not really planning to have a shower; it was more to see all the things that we didn't have… it's  a long list.   We did sign up for the Babies R Us V.I.B. (Very Important Baby) program - where was this when my other kids were little?  Friends and family can contribute to a gift card, that can be used for diapers, formula and baby food, and then Toys 'R' Us adds an additional 5%.

So that is the question: to have baby shower or to not have a baby shower…?  This the the response I got from a 30+ mom group on WhatToExpect.com.  Still not sure what to do...





No comments:

Post a Comment