Monday, December 9, 2013

Taste Buds Changing

Week 7

Due to my POTS, my doctor told me that it was OK for me to have caffeine.  The average pregnant woman is allowed 12oz of a caffeinated beverage each day.  Because of my low BP and not being able to take my meds, I was allowed to double that.

Even in the summer, I have the coldest office at work.  So pre-pregnancy I was have 3 or 4 cups of hot tea every day.

My Favorite Mug

Around the 7 week mark, my beloved tea started to taste... off.  I knew there was no way it could be bad, tea lasts forever, right?  And I'd been drinking the same tea the week before.  So why does it taste off?  Adding lemon, honey or more sugar didn't help.

So not only am I nauseated, but now my favorite beverage tastes yucky.  Great.

And then I got sick after I (finally) finished a cup.  I think I'm done drinking tea for a while.

I usually have a sweet tooth, but sweets taste too sweet.  I'm usually a Pepsi person, but this baby prefers Coke.  My husband thinks that maybe this baby will FINALLY get me to try a piece of beef (which I've not eaten since I was 15).   At this rate, who knows.

They say that you will crave what your baby needs.  All I want is... well, nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment