Monday, December 16, 2013

Can't Do Anything!

8 weeks...

The first 2 months of my pregnancy were spent sleeping, spitting up, and spending time with my family.  In that order.



I was so exhausted.  

At my 8 week visit, they gave me my Zofran, and told me to try adding B6 vitamins.  The problem... The only B6 tabs I could find were 100mg, and I was only suppose to take 25mg.  Grrrrr!  Found some online later, but I wanted them right away, not wait 3-5 days for shipping.  I also got some sea-bands to help.  

I didn't really see any improvement. 

Anyone who has had babies knows that you will most likely get sick for a few weeks, at most.  But in my first 3 pregnancies, it was pretty routine... First thing in the morning, then maybe in the afternoon.  But there really wasn't a lot of nausea involved.  It would kinda just happen.

So why was EVERYTHING making me sick?  Brushing my teeth, drinking, eating, walking, driving the car, laying perfectly still in bed?  Seriously?  Getting up at 2 and 4AM to get sick?  Really?

I knew something was wrong. 

It didn't help much that we had plans to be at Cedar Point around the 8 week mark.  I'd only just begun to tell my co-workers, and I was going for a work event.  Obviously, I wasn't going on rides.  However I did take my 7 year old daughter to the kids areas.  I got sick just watching her - several times in fact.  I'm sure that staff at Cedar Point is familiar with people getting sick, but I'd assume they were not the spectators... 

That day was the first day when the so-called "morning sickness" really became more than a nuisance.  

It was at the 8 week point when my appetite completely disappeared.  And drinking anything - yea right.  

The only thing I was able to keep down were the shakes I got everyday at New-Trition, and it took me a long time to finish the 16oz shakes.   I honestly don't know what I would have done without them.  Usually I was more of a berry shake kinda person, but the only shakes that tasted good, and stayed down, is a shake called Monster Cookie.  

Called the doctor.. going back at 10 weeks instead of 12...

No comments:

Post a Comment